Head of DevOps
DevOps hire #1 at successful, growing SaaS
FareHarbor is looking for a Head of DevOps to join, lead, and build our infrastructure team on location in our office in San Francisco. We’re a quickly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day. (Here’s a little more about our Product team, here’s a recent article about FareHarbor in Hawaii Business Magazine.)
You will be responsible for leading infrastructure at FareHarbor — ensuring uptime, scaling as we grow, and improving deployment and provisioning tooling to help us continue to develop and launch new features every day.
What you’ll do
- Define and own SLAs for all FareHarbor infrastructure.
- Uphold performance- and metrics-driven infrastructure culture. Ensure we’re measuring and monitoring the right things.
- As we grow, build and lead a team of world class DevOps engineers.
- Manage and monitor our various clusters in AWS.
- Automate all the things!
- Improve our existing Ansible-based deployment tooling.
- Improve our existing Terraform-based provisioning tooling.
- Ensure uptime by eliminating single points of failure.
- Work closely with the rest of the infrastructure and product teams to launch features.
- Have experience being responsible for large-scale applications that use cloud-based infrastructure providers, ideally Amazon.
- Have experience and a strong interest in automating infrastructure and monitoring, with tools and services like Ansible, Terraform, Chef, New Relic, etc.
- Have demonstrated experience analyzing systems for weaknesses, developing sound plans for addressing them, and then implementing those plans.
- Be security-minded.
- Be careful and meticulous when necessary, and pragmatic always.
- Be loosely familiar with the tools we use: Amazon RDS, ElastiCache, Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch & SendGrid.
- Competitive compensation
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid health insurance
- Beautiful, modern office
- Competitive parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- $1,000 annual learning stipend
- Work at a rad company!
If possible include references to a project you’ve written, whether it’s code to spin up some
infrastructure, serve a web application, an Ansible module, Chef recipe, Bash
FareHarbor is in the outdoor activities space for a good reason — many of us absolutely love getting
out there! Whether you love the beach, chase storms in the mountains, ride bikes through the headlands,
or otherwise value time spent enjoying Northern California, you’ll fit right in.