If you have the FareHarbor app and a Bluetooth receipt printer, you can easily print receipts directly from your mobile device.
We recommend using the Star SM-T300I model for printing receipts with the FareHarbor app. Correct paper size for printer: Roll (3.15 in x 90 ft)
The instructions for setting up your printer below are specific to this model.
Setting up your Bluetooth printer
Before you can start printing receipts with your Bluetooth printer, you’ll need to make sure the printer is fully charged and set to the correct mode.
Set your printer to ESC/POS mode by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
- Open the printer tray. To do this, press the button on the side of the tray and pull the top cover open. (It’s normal to see an error message during this step.)
- Hold the power and feed buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the screen displays the words “Setup Mode.”
- Close the printer tray. The printer will print its current mode. This should read EMU = ESC/POS. (If you see EMU = StarPRNT instead, repeat steps 2-4 to change the mode.)
- Restart the printer.
Note: The printer must be restarted any time you change the setup mode.
Setting up your phone
First, make sure your phone is paired to the Bluetooth printer.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by tapping the toggle to the right. A list of available devices will be shown below.
- Select the printer name (Star Micronics)
- When prompted, enter the password 1234
Confirm that the printer is connected
Next, enable Bluetooth printing in the FareHarbor app:
- In the FareHarbor app, tap the icon at the bottom right of your screen
Look for the Bluetooth receipt printing option
- Tap the toggle to the right to enable Bluetooth receipt printing
- Tap Done
Printing from the FareHarbor app
- Open the booking you’d like to print a receipt for
Under Booking actions, tap the Print button
Select the receipt type
Once you select the receipt type, the receipt will automatically print. You may see a “spinning wheel” while the request is sent to the printer. You do not need to press “print” on the receipt page.
Learn more about available receipt options.
I’m having trouble pairing my iOS device with the printer.
If you’ve enabled Bluetooth on your iOS device but do not see the printer in your Bluetooth settings, try the following:
- Turn the Bluetooth toggle off and on again and restart the Bluetooth printer.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS on your device. You can check by going to Settings > General > Software Update (more information about updating your iOS device). Then restart the Bluetooth printer and try again.
- Reset all networks by going to Settings > General > Reset and selecting Reset Network Settings. This will also reset all of your wi-fi connections, so should be used as a last resort.
The receipt is not printing.
If the receipt is not printing, this usually means the Bluetooth printer is off or not connected. Make sure the printer is on and paired with your mobile device.
I’m receiving an error message.
If you are receiving an error message when trying to print a receipt, first make sure that:
- The printer is on
- The printer is in the correct mode
- Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and connected to the correct printer
If you are still receiving an error, make sure you are not tapping the “print” button from the actual receipt page. Once you select the receipt type, the receipt will automatically begin printing.