If you have any questions about the information in this guide, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Chappel at 508-954-1736. Our friendly team is ready to help with any future questions.
Making a booking
To make a FareHarbor booking in AL Desk, follow the steps below or watch a video.
- Select Vendor, Product, and Date as normal.
Click on the Time field to open the FareHarbor – On-Line window.
Click the Get Availability button to pull the Vendor’s availability directly from their FareHarbor Dashboard. The amount of available seats (Qty) will be shown in Real Time.
- Select the date and time under Availability Requests, then click Accept Date/Time & Begin Booking.
- Enter the quantity of passengers on the Client Voucher Form
- In the FareHarbor – On-Line window, click Complete/Send Booking. A confirmation will appear on your screen: FareHarbor Booking Successful! Vendor Confirmation: 1234567.
Note: For any information that the tour operator needs to know, please enter them in the PRIVATE NOTES section of the voucher in AL Desk.
Cancelling a booking
To cancel a FareHarbor booking in AL Desk, follow the steps below or watch a video.
- On the Client Voucher Form, check the box next to Canceled at the top right of the screen.
A Voucher Cancellation Information screen will appear, asking for a Cancellation Reason.
Select a Cancellation Reason, then click Close on the Voucher Cancellation Information window
- On the Client Voucher Form, click Save
Once FareHarbor processes and completes the request, a confirmation will appear on your screen: FareHarbor Booking Canceled!
Common Questions/Issues & Solutions
Below are some common questions and issues that have come up as AL Desk is updated with FareHarbor for Real Time booking.
The system is frozen
Security on some local networks can lead to the system freezing. If clicking Complete/Send Booking leads to a frozen computer stuck on the FareHarbor Processing… window (screenshot below), follow the below steps:
- Restart your computer. When your AL Desk system was updated, some local desks that had not been restarted after the update ran into this issue.
- If this continues after the computer has been restarted, please try the same thing on a different computer at your location (make sure that the second computer has also been completely restarted).
- If the issue is still not resolved, you may be experiencing a local network issue (meaning that no computers at your location are able to connect to FareHarbor Real Time). If you suspect a local network issue, please contact the local IT department to make them aware of this issue.
Unable to add additional options after the update
Some desks have come across a problem when attempting to add additional options to the voucher. When your AL Desk system was updated, there may have been unexpected bugs that developed within these additional options. This issue will result in either an error message appearing on the screen, or a frozen FareHarbor Processing… window.
Please contact Nick Chappel at 508-954-1736, and the AL Desk team will promptly fix the bug.
No availability for the product you have selected
AL Desk will show the Real Time availability based on the online availability that the vendor has set within their FareHarbor Dashboard (if someone can go to the vendor’s website and book the availability, you will be able to as well).
Many vendors have set cutoff times for when their tours and activities can no longer be booked online. For example, if a 9:00am tour cannot be booked online an hour beforehand, and you are trying to book it at 8:15am, you will not see the tour listed as available in AL Desk.
Double check the number of days selected in the FareHarbor – On-Line window. If you are searching for a tour or activity for Wednesday, December 7, and the next available tour date is Thursday, December 8, no availability will show if you have
1 day selected. Enter
4 (or more) to see when the next closest availability takes place.
Issues canceling a booking
If you go to cancel a booking and come across a FareHarbor Cancellation Policy window that reads FareHarbor Bookings CANNOT be Canceled Automatically Within 0 Hours!, Confirm You Will Call Vendor Directly, please call Nick Chappel at 508-954-1736 and let him know. You should already be set up to cancel bookings, and this is an easy fix.
If you come across an issue that has not been addressed here, please call either Nick Chappel (508-954-1736) or Jade Bowman (219-921-4727).