Sofort GmbH (“Sofort”), founded in 2005 and purchased by Klarna in 2014, is a secure e-commerce payment system currently used in five European countries that allows customers to make online purchases without exposing their personal banking information to the seller.
Note: Please reach out to FareHarbor Support if you’d like to enable Sofort for your company.
The status of payments made by a customer using Sofort is described below.
Sofort payments statuses
After a customer pays for their booking using the Sofort payment method, the status of the payment will be shown in the Booking Overview.
As soon as Sofort confirms the customer’s account, the booking is marked Paid in Full on the Booking Overview. The booking is considered confirmed:
Note that the activity status remains pending until the transaction process begins.
The status changes to payment initiated:
The funds are usually withdrawn quickly from the customer’s account, but can take a maximum of 14 days for the transfer to complete.
- When the funds have been successfully transferred, the status changes to payment successful, the payment is no longer pending, and the transaction is complete.
In rare instances, funds may not be available in the account that had been previously authorized during the payment processing.
When a payment fails:
- The status changes to payment failed in the activity log:
The Booking Overview indicates that the amount due is now the price of the original transaction:
If the Sofort failed payment email notification is enabled, the Payment Failed email notification is sent to you:
When you receive a failed payment email, you will need to contact the customer to request an alternate form of payment, or request them to begin the booking process again from your website.
The Sofort failed payment email notification contains the following information:
- Booking number
- Link to where to find more information on Sofort payments in FareHarbor
- Customer’s name, phone number and email address
- Number of people in the booking, including their customer type
- Any other information (e.g. lodging requirements, etc.)
- Availability information
- Name of availability
- Date and time of availability
- Resources and location (if applicable)
Note that Sofort payments can take more than a day to be successfully completed, even after being authorized by the customer. Payouts for payments made via Sofort will take place one day following confirmation of a successful payment in FareHarbor.