The following call-to-action buttons can be linked to a custom URL such as FareHarbor, or a landing page on a website: Learn More, Shop Now, View Gift Card, Sign Up, and Contact Us.
Facebook has recently disabled the ability to add custom links to a Book Now call-to-action button on business pages. Existing call-to-action buttons have not been affected by this update. This is only for new integrations moving forward.
Adding a call-to-action button
If you don’t have a call-to-action button on your Facebook page, you can add one by clicking Add a Button, located directly below your cover photo. Choose any one of five buttons suggested above that are compatible with a custom URL from the dropdown that appears in the middle of your screen.
Once you choose the call-to-action button best suited for your business, enter the custom URL in the text box.
Linking your call-to-action button to FareHarbor
We are happy to assist you in setting up your call-to-action button. Just get in touch!
To set up your call-to-action button yourself, first decide where you want the button to go on Facebook:
- If you want the button to link to a specific page on your website, simply copy the desired page URL and scroll down to the section Updating your Facebook button below.
- If you’d like the button to go directly to a FareHarbor calendar of availabilities or item display, first you’ll want to generate a direct link from your FareHarbor Dashboard.
Below is an example of an embedded grid of items generated by FareHarbor. When your customer clicks the “call-to-action” button from your Facebook page, they’ll be taken directly to a page like this where they can start booking:
Generating a FareHarbor link
In your FareHarbor Dashboard, go to Settings and select Book Buttons & Embeds from the sidebar. Your page will look something like this:
In the first section, make sure Book button or link is selected.
- Below the label field, choose where the link should take the customer. In most cases, you’ll want to keep the default option (Specific Flow: Your default flow) to direct the customer to a page with all your activities.
- Optional: In the second section, choose whether to include item descriptions and images (we recommend doing this).
- In the third section, change the selection from Simple HTML to Link, and copy the text in the box.
Now go to your Facebook page and edit the button to include your desired link.
- Hover over the button and click Edit Button.
- Choose one of the action services compatible with a custom URL (any of the five options detailed above in the Adding a call-to-action button section).
- Enter the link you want the button to go to.
*If you are currently integrated with another software using a “Book Now” button, this will need to be changed to one of the five buttons detailed on this page due to Facebook changing the structure of its business pages.