Human Resources Business Partner (Denver, CO)
Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing the human resources functions of our six office, 300+ employee organization including responsibilities in the following areas: employee relations, recruitment, compliance, employee benefits.
FareHarbor is a high growth company single-handedly changing the global activity market. Watch a 2-minute video about FareHarbor here: https://vimeo.com/96818288
- Ensure clear communication of all Human Resource initiatives across our six offices and 300+ employees.
- Act as liaison and point person for communication with our parent company, Booking.com, during the integration process.
- Grow the Human Resources Department from the ground up, and manage a small team of Talent Acquisition Coordinators while overseeing our external tech recruiting services.
- Support the management team in the diagnosis of organizational opportunities, recruiting & staffing, training & development, coaching and performance management.
- Conduct administrative tasks associated with new employee orientation and onboarding; connect with new employees in the organization to discuss their onboarding experience, and assist them in networking in their new organization.
- Respond to and conduct investigations into employee-related matters, while keeping appropriate management informed and maintaining confidentiality.
- Update HR related reports, complete employee change requests and processes paperwork accordingly.
- Administer the security and integrity of personnel files and ensure all paperwork is up to date.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws and corporate policies/guidelines and identify opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Assist with the administration of compensation programs and assists in job analysis, evaluation and recruitment.
- Design, evaluate and modify benefits plans (such as health, dental, vision, and 401k), policies, and procedures to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in legal compliance with government regulations.
- Manage employee audits (Work Comp, etc.), as well as assist with the accounting department audits including year-end audit.
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as required by the executive team
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resource Management
- Must consent to and successfully pass background check
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships
- Must have implicit knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and their implications
- Ability to recommend the appropriate course of action with employee concerns, make independent decisions, set priorities, measure progress, implement rewards or recommend discipline as required
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Microsoft Excel experience with spreadsheet formatting and formulas
- Experience with design and administration of employee benefit programs
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Workday or similar software