Engineering Manager (San Francisco, CA)
FareHarbor, a Booking.com Company, is looking for a full time, on-site, people-focused Head of Engineering Management to lead engineering management of our San Francisco Product and Engineering team, as well as support the growth of our product and engineering team in Amsterdam. We are growing the product team quickly and dramatically, without sacrificing our culture or the quality of our product. We expect to add dozens of people to our team in the coming months, and are looking to design and implement processes and structures to do so effectively. That’s where you come in!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a hiring process and strategy.
- Work with product team members to execute the hiring process and hire 10+ product team members in your first year.
- Work with product team members to develop onboarding process.
- Lead and manage the onboarding process; ensure new team members are successful.
- Directly manage several product team members (1-on-1s, coaching, review, etc.), including assisting direct reports in maximizing the value they provide, setting expectations and goals, and helping direct reports grow in the organization.
- Expand the engineering management organization as necessary to accommodate a fast-growing team.
- Have experience with the hiring and onboarding processes, from writing job descriptions to performing on-site, in-person interviews.
- Have opinions on the right way to hire and onboard. Have a desire to measure process performance, and improve it.
- Have 2+ years experience managing product teams (engineering, design, and so on) on a direct report basis.
- Have a focus on scalable techniques and process, and also be willing to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Awesome vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Health insurance / 401k
- Beautiful, modern office
- Competitive parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- $1,000 annual learning stipend
- Work at a rad company with great people
FareHarbor is in the outdoor activities space for a good reason — many of us absolutely love getting out there! Whether you love the beach, chase storms in the mountains, ride bikes through the headlands, or otherwise value time spent enjoying Northern California, you’ll fit right in.