Product Engineer (Amsterdam, NL + San Francisco, CA)
Full-time, on-site design-minded engineer focused on the functionality, design, and prototyping of our features & products.
At FareHarbor, a Booking.com Company, we are always looking to talk to good folks about joining our design team, working out of our office in San Francisco or Amsterdam.
We build tools that tour and activity operators of all sizes run their businesses on, and have seen how caring deeply about design and user experience can help them spend more time doing what they love. (Here’s a peek at some of what FareHarbor does, and some info on our team.)
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our design team on the functionality and UI of new features and interactions, and with our developers as they are implemented.
- That will probably look like creating mockups and descriptions of new features, dealing with questions and problems as they come up during the development process, and writing front-end markup (HTML + SCSS) yourself. Shepherding a feature from conception to shipping.
- Listen to a lot of input from our customers, leadership, and the rest of the Product team and synthesize it into simple and intuitive solutions to complex business problems.
- Although it’s undoubtedly important, this is not primarily a visual design job. You’ll be working inside our framework of components while helping to refine and expand it as it grows. The focus is on UI and how things work.
- Gain a deep understanding of what problems we’re solving and the many features our customers ask us to add. Have a large part in growing the scope of the product while keeping it as simple as possible.
What you’ll bring:
- A few years’ experience working on design for a web application that runs in the browser, or similar.
- Strong skills in interface and information design.
- Knowledge of front-end development (HTML + CSS) and an interest in having a hand in executing the things you design.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex systems, while creating interfaces that manage that complexity.
- Comfort working independently some of the time. Our team is still relatively small, so as you get up to speed you’ll be owning features from conception, to design, to working with developers, to shipping.
- Strong opinions about the best way to do things, loosely held.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on enterprise-level SaaS software before.
- Competitive compensation
- Awesome vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Health insurance options
- Beautiful, modern office
- Competitive parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- $1,000 annual learning stipend
- Work at a rad company