FareHarbor integrates with Smartwaiver, a popular digital waiver solution. Your customers can fill out a waiver or release form online and it will automatically be added to their booking. As of 11/1/2017, Smartwaiver offers waivers in English, French, and Spanish.
To make use of this integration, you’ll need a Smartwaiver account with your waiver created. Feel free to contact FareHarbor Support if you’d like help getting started.
How it works
Once Smartwaiver is integrated with your FareHarbor Dashboard, your customers will have a new section in their confirmation email and receipt page asking them to sign your waiver(s):
The confirmation email with the Sign Waiver link can be forwarded to each individual on the booking, allowing all waivers to be automatically collected in FareHarbor.
Note: When multiple individuals need to sign a waiver, be sure they access the Sign Waiver link from the booking confirmation email. Otherwise, signed waivers will not be correctly associated with the customer’s booking in FareHarbor.
Signed waivers will be added to the booking, below the customer information. From the Waiver Options menu, you have the option to open a PDF of the waiver or view it in Smartwaiver.
You can also see the number of people who have signed waivers for each booking from your Manifest. Make sure you’ve added the Waivers column in your Manifest to see this information. Learn more about Manifest settings.
Setting up the Smartwaiver integration
Our team is happy to complete all of these steps for you! Get in touch with us and let us know you’d like us to set up waivers in your Dashboard. Otherwise, follow the instructions below to set up waivers in FareHarbor.
- Email FareHarbor Support with your Smartwaiver username and password and we’ll link your FareHarbor account to your Smartwaiver account.
- Add your waivers to FareHarbor in Settings > Waivers.
- Create a new Waiver custom field in Settings > Custom Fields. The Title and Description you enter for this field will be shown in the customer’s confirmation. After the field is created, click “Edit field” and add the waivers that you want your customers to sign.
- Add the Waiver field to any items that require a waiver. The field should be added under whole-booking fields rather than individual customer types.
- Recommended: Add waiver columns to your Manifest to see how many waivers have been completed, along with participants’ name, age, and email.
Accessing a customer’s waiver link
Once the integration is completed, customers will be able to sign waivers directly from their booking confirmation email. However, if you want to access or send a direct link to a customer’s waiver:
- Open the customer’s booking in FareHarbor
- Click the Send email or text button
- Click Preview email to preview the confirmation email
- Right click and copy the Sign Waiver link address
Paste this link in your browser’s address bar or send it in an email to the customer, if needed. When the waiver is signed using this link, it will be added to the customer’s booking in FareHarbor.
If needed, you can remove a waiver from a booking in FareHarbor by opening the menu next to the participant name and selecting Remove waiver.
When you rebook, any signed waivers are moved to the most recent booking, as long as the new item or availability requires the same waivers.
If you were linking to your waiver on your website or in email before the integration, you should direct customers to use the “Sign Waiver” button in their confirmation email instead. This ensures their waivers are attached to their booking in FareHarbor.
If you were already using Smartwaiver before integrating with FareHarbor, waivers that were signed before the integration will not automatically be attached to bookings in FareHarbor.
If a customer claims they signed their waiver but it’s not showing on their booking in FareHarbor, you can look up their signed waiver directly in Smartwaiver. Sometimes this happens when customers forward only the Smartwaiver URL instead of the confirmation email from FareHarbor.