FareHarbor integrates with Smartwaiver, a popular digital waiver solution. Your customers can fill out a waiver or release form online and it will automatically be added to their booking.
To make use of this integration, you’ll need a Smartwaiver account with your waiver created. Feel free to contact our Support team if you’d like help getting started.
How it works
After the integration is configured (see below), your customers will have a new section in their confirmation email and receipt page asking them to sign your waiver(s):
After they complete the process, the signed waiver will be automatically added to their booking invoice. From the menu you have the option to open a PDF of the waiver or view it in the Smartwaiver console.
You’ll also be able to see the number of people who have signed for each booking on the manifest.
Setting up the Smartwaiver integration
- Email FareHarbor Support with your Smartwaiver username and password and we’ll link your FareHarbor account to your Smartwaiver account. We’re also happy to complete the remaining steps for you.
- Add your waivers to FareHarbor in Settings > Waivers.
- Create a new Waiver custom field in Settings > Custom Fields. The Title and Description you enter for this field will be shown in the green area of the customer’s confirmation. After the field is created, add the waivers that you want people to sign.
- Add the custom field to an item so it is included when customers book.
- When you rebook, any signed waivers are moved to the most recent booking, as long as the new item or availability requires the same waivers.
- If you were linking to your waiver on your website or in email before the integration, you should direct customers to use the “Sign Waiver” button in their confirmation email instead so their waivers are attached to their booking in FareHarbor.
- Remember that if you were already using Smartwaiver and FareHarbor before the integration, your customers may have signed waivers that cannot be automatically attached back to their booking.