FareHarbor integrates with Smartwaiver, a popular digital waiver solution. Your customers can fill out a waiver or release form online and it will automatically be added to their booking.
To make use of this integration, you’ll need a Smartwaiver account with your waiver created. Feel free to contact our Support team if you’d like help getting started.
How it works
After the integration is configured (see below), your customers will have a new section in their confirmation email and receipt page asking them to sign your waiver(s):
The confirmation email with the Sign Waiver link can be forwarded to each individual on the booking, allowing all waivers to be automatically collected in FareHarbor.
Signed waivers will be added to the booking, below the customer information. From the Waiver Options menu, you have the option to open a PDF of the waiver or view it in Smartwaiver.
You can also see the number of people who have signed waivers for each booking from your Manifest. Make sure you’ve added the Waivers column in your Manifest to see this information. Learn more.
Setting up the Smartwaiver integration
Our team is happy to complete all of these steps for you! However, if you’d like to set up waivers yourself in FareHarbor, you’ll find instructions below.
- Email FareHarbor Support with your Smartwaiver username and password and we’ll link your FareHarbor account to your Smartwaiver account.
- Add your waivers to FareHarbor in Settings > Waivers.
- Create a new Waiver custom field in Settings > Custom Fields. The Title and Description you enter for this field will be shown in the customer’s confirmation. After the field is created, click Edit field and add the waivers that you want your customers to sign.
- Add the Waiver field to any items that require a waiver. The field should be added under Whole-booking fields rather than individual customer types.
- Recommended: Add the Waivers column to your default custom manifest so you can easily see how many waivers have been completed.
When you rebook, any signed waivers are moved to the most recent booking, as long as the new item or availability requires the same waivers.
If you were linking to your waiver on your website or in email before the integration, you should direct customers to use the “Sign Waiver” button in their confirmation email instead. This ensures their waivers are attached to their booking in FareHarbor.
If you were already using Smartwaiver before integrating with FareHarbor, waivers that were signed before the integration will not automatically be attached to bookings in FareHarbor.
If a customer claims they signed their waiver but it’s not showing on their booking in FareHarbor, you can look up their signed waiver directly in Smartwaiver. Sometimes this happens when customers forward only the Smartwaiver URL instead of the confirmation email from FareHarbor.