FareHarbor Sites Senior PHP Engineer (Denver, CO)
Full time, on-site backend engineer focused on FareHarbor Sites in Denver, CO
FareHarbor is looking for a full time, on-site senior PHP engineer to join our FareHarbor Sites team in Denver, CO. We’re a quickly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day. FareHarbor Sites is a fully fledged product that supports more than 700 client websites.
What you’ll do
- Work on the infrastructure, architecture, and services that support FareHarbor Sites.
- Design, implement, test, and support features to provide new functionality to our clients.
- Work with WordPress (on which FareHarbor Sites is built) and, more often, with and on our WordPress abstraction layer,
which is built using modern PHP best practices.
- Develop and maintain automated tests.
- Work with other FH Sites team members to develop features and resolve issues.
- Lead code reviews and the adoption of best practices.
- Write technical documentation for developers.
- Have 2+ years experience working with a production codebase and mission-critical systems written in PHP.
- Be an expert in PHP.
- Be proficient in the WordPress stack.
- Have experience gathering requirements, working with technical specifications, testing, and debugging.
- Be eager to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on.
- Be passionate about getting things right.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be open to agile development methodologies.
How we do WordPress
We know the stigma around WordPress, but we think it can be a good platform that is fun to develop for. Here are some of the tools we currently use:
- Timber for writing templates that don’t have any PHP in them
- Composer for dependency management of the WordPress core and plugins
- A minimal set of the best plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, WP Super Cache, WP Migrate DB Pro
- Styles with SCSS, asset hosting on S3, sending email with SendGrid
- All wrapped up in git, of course
It’d be great if you had experience with some or all of these, but if not we can help you get up to speed.
- Downtown Denver office location
- 100% healthcare and dental
- Take The Vacation Time You Need, Work From Home policies
- 401k + Employer Matching
- MacBook Pro
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- Grow your skills with a great team