Software Development Manager (Amsterdam, NL)
FareHarbor, a Booking.com company, is looking for a full-time, on-site Software Development Manager in Amsterdam. We’re a rapidly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of FareHarbor’s engineering team. You will help lead the scaling of the engineering department and have a direct hand in managing hiring, onboarding, engineering performance, motivation, and retention. You’ll work closely with the FareHarbor leadership team to execute FareHarbor’s market vision. You will be able to adapt in a rapidly changing and exciting market, currently at the forefront of the travel industry.
Most importantly, you will lead and manage highly driven engineering teams, helping support product delivery and the growth of individual engineers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and help build a diverse engineering team, with a focus on engineering growth, performance, retention, and career development.
- Lead the scaling of our Amsterdam engineering office, by working closely with our technical recruiters and talent acquisition coordinators to assist in the recruiting and hiring of engineers and additional technical management.
- Onboard new engineers so they can effectively work on the FareHarbor codebase.
- Develop sustainable onboarding and training processes to expedite the learning curve of new engineering hires.
- Enact and execute on professional and career development paths for engineers.
- Scale and build sustainable processes as the engineering team grows from ~25 to 100+ members.
- Support product delivery as needed, helping to shape engineering best practices and policies.
- Work with FareHarbor leadership team to ensure the engineering department is able to execute the high-level vision and strategy of FareHarbor.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- Have experience in scaling and growing a diverse and cross-functional engineering team.
- Have a successful track record of and be able to develop technical and engineering management talent.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and understand complex systems.
- Be a motivational leader that enjoys coaching others to help them succeed in their role.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Be motivated, hard-working, and able to lead by example.
- This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide * Visa and Relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation
- 26 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- Commuting allowance
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance Benefit
- Central Amsterdam Location
- Help grow one of the fastest SaaS companies in the world!