Back-end Engineer (Amsterdam, NL + San Francisco, CA)
Full time, on-site backend engineer focused on APIs, payments, and distributed systems
FareHarbor, a Booking.com Company, is looking for a full time, on-site backend engineer to join our product team in Amsterdam or San Francisco with a focus on our backend services. We’re a quickly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day and our external APIs are a key way in which we work with partners like Viator, TripAdvisor, VELTRA, and more, to help our clients expand their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Work on the payments infrastructure that transfers billions of dollars annually
- Design, implement, test, and support internal and external APIs.
- Develop and maintain automated tests.
- Work with other product team members to develop features and resolve issues.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Write technical documentation for developers.
- Have 2+ years experience working with a production codebase and mission-critical systems.
- Be proficient with Python or other similar high-level programming languages.
- Have experience working with Django or other web application frameworks.
- Have experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and supporting them with documentation.
- Have experience gathering requirements, working with technical specifications, testing, and debugging.
- Be eager to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on.
- Be passionate about getting things right.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be open to agile development methodologies.
Competitive compensation, flexible hours and work locations, Medical and dental insurance options and more.
If possible include references to a project you’ve written — a Django project, a Node module, a video
game with nifty in-game currency, anything that characterizes the kind of work you like to do.
FareHarbor is in the outdoor activities space for a good reason — many of us absolutely love getting
out there! Whether you love the beach, chase storms in the mountains, ride bikes through the headlands,
or otherwise value time spent enjoying Northern California, you’ll fit right in.
Include a link to your website, a portfolio, your contributions to open-source projects, or anything else that explains who you are as an engineer.
We're not looking to check 87 different boxes for HR; if you are excited about working with us we want to talk to you! References to specific technologies and services are simply some examples of what we're using. We're looking for people that can quickly get familiar with a new codebase, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and focus on moving it forward.
To apply, please email email@example.com.