Full time, on-site full-stack engineer
Hiring in Amsterdam, NL and San Francisco, CA.
FareHarbor, a Booking.com Company, is looking for a full time, on-site backend engineer to join our product team in Amsterdam or San Francisco with a focus on our backend services. We’re a quickly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day and our external APIs are a key way in which we work with partners like Viator, TripAdvisor, VELTRA, and more, to help our clients expand their businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the payments infrastructure that transfers billions of dollars annually.
- Design, implement, test, and support internal and external APIs.
- Develop and maintain automated tests.
- Work with other product team members to develop features and resolve issues.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Write technical documentation for developers.
- Have 2+ years experience working with a production codebase and mission-critical systems.
- Be proficient with Python or other similar high-level programming languages.
- Have experience working with Django or other web application frameworks.
- Have experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and supporting them with documentation.
- Have experience gathering requirements, working with technical specifications, testing, and debugging.
- Be eager to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on.
- Be passionate about getting things right.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be open to agile development methodologies.
- Competitive compensation
- Awesome vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Health insurance options
- Beautiful, modern office
- Competitive parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- $1,000 annual learning stipend
- Work at a rad company
If possible include references to a project you’ve written — a Django project, a Node module, a video
game with nifty in-game currency, anything that characterizes the kind of work you like to do.
FareHarbor is in the outdoor activities space for a good reason — many of us absolutely love getting
out there! Whether you love the beach, chase storms in the mountains, ride bikes through the headlands,
or otherwise value time spent enjoying Northern California, you’ll fit right in.