FareHarbor.me Engineer + Designer (Denver, CO)
Full time, on-site engineer focused on the the FareHarbor.me managed website platform
FareHarbor.me Engineer + Designer
FareHarbor is looking for a full time, on-site engineer eager to put their engineering and design skills
to use helping our clients boost their online presence. You’ll join us in our Denver office
on FareHarbor.me, our managed website platform which powers hundreds of websites. You’ll empower our clients
to grow their businesses by helping their customers discover new and remarkably fun and original
What you’ll do
- Work with Photoshop, Sketch, and the like to mock up page elements, typography improvements, etc.
- Help develop a robust design framework that enables easy superficial theming.
- Work with WordPress (on which FareHarbor.me is built) and, more often, with and on our WordPress abstraction layer,
which is built using modern PHP best practices.
- Strive to improve the site-builder’s usability for end-users and reduce the time it takes for our onboarders to
build sites with both interface improvements and automation.
- Help establish best practices standards for the entire tours and activities industry.
- Initiate and manage aggregate A/B testing on FareHarbor.me sites.
- You’ll also get the chance to think about and work on
FH Kit: our tools for integrating
our online booking widgets on other websites.
Note: The FareHarbor.me team is but a subset of our core product team. Hence you will have
the opportunity to work on the wide range of challenges listed below, but you will also get the chance to
focus on those that you choose.
What you’ll bring
- Penchant for writing clean and maintainable code.
- 2+ years of production PHP experience
- Expertise in developing custom code for WordPress
- An eye for design & usability.
- Eagerness to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on (tools and industry ins-and-outs alike).
- Demonstrable ability to come up with and implement general solutions, e.g., in response to highly specific client requests.
- Determination to think up and cover all the edge-cases.
- Desire to work closely with the rest of the product team and the larger FareHarbor family.
- Appreciation and attention for the ideas, requests, and complaints of FH employees who work with FareHarbor.me every
day and the clients whom they work with.
If possible include references to a product you’ve designed or built — a small business website, an iOS app mockup,
a Wordpress template, anything that characterizes the kind of work you like to do.